If you’re looking to start a new career as a customer success manager (CSM); or to improve your skills as an existing CSM, this guide is for you. You’ll gain deep insights into the best customer success training programs that’ll equip you with customer success best practices and practical skills to stay relevant in your career as a CSM. Keep reading to learn more.
Best Customer Success Courses In 2022
Here’s a list of the best customer success training programs in 2022:
1.Customer Success Manager: Fundamentals to your CSM Career
This Udemy course is one of the most valuable resources you’ll find at the beginning of your career as a CSM. This is because the tutor, Gustavo Escobar, provides deep insights into the underlying concepts and terminologies of customer success.
The goal of the course is to help you develop the key skills and competence you’ll need to fulfil your role as a Customer success manager. It lays a solid foundation for you and equally maps how you can translate the skills you learn on your resume; and how to find your first CSM job.
Duration: 1hr 50mins
2. Customer Service Fundamentals on Coursera
Customer service and customer success are complementary. As a customer success manager, you need to have an exceptional ability to provide excellent customer service, so you can continue to proffer great value propositions for long-term growth.
This is why we highly recommend this course. It’ll help you develop the fundamental customer service skills you need to succeed in your career as a customer success manager. The course is divided into 4 modules which practically explain communication, problem-solving, process management and IT customer support.
3. Customer Success Free Certification Program by Monday U
The Monday U Program is a free 7-week customer success training certification designed for aspiring customer success managers. Here’s what you’ll learn from the program:
- The principles of customer journey and how to analyze customer data to derive insights and take strategic actions.
- How to engage with customers in a value-based form and how to increase customer satisfaction.
- How to fully onboard customers, understand product features and handle objections.
- You’ll also learn all you need to land your first customer success job.
The opportunity is limited to only 40 students, and you’ll be awarded an official certificate from Monday U if you attend 80% of the sessions and complete the course assessments. You’ll also be given an opportunity to work at Monday U. However, the registration for this program is currently closed, but you can apply to stay posted.
4. CCSM Certification Program by SuccessCOACHING
SuccessCOACHING gives you access to a library of courses and workshops you need to become a strategic customer Success Manager. The training is led by professionals with 60+ years of combined experience in customer success management. And it’s divided into 5 different levels, tied to specific pricing plans. Here’s a brief overview of the curriculum:
- Launch (Level 1) focuses on the fundamental practices of customer success management, I.e., onboarding, account management, success plans, etc.
- Growth (Level 2) focuses on the skills you need to manage customers more effectively, and it’s ideal for customer success managers with over one year of experience.
- Strategic (Level 3) focuses on how you can create playbooks, engagement models and workflows to improve customer success. It is ideal for experienced CSMs looking to learn strategic approaches for better customer success management.
- Launch + Growth bundle (Level 4) gives you access to Levels 1 and 2
- All-access bundle (Level 5) gives you access to all the levels of the customer success training program.
Pricing: $9 – $49.50 per month
Duration: 571 mins – 3400 mins
Schedule a demo with one of our experts to take a deeper dive into Churn360Book a demo
5. Customer Success Manager Specialist by Cisco
In this customer success training, you’ll learn how to maintain customer loyalty, and optimize the customer lifecycle to maximize retention and increase customer lifetime value.
The course offers practical learning based on real-life case studies. You’ll also work with methodologies and best practice tools while receiving feedback from the facilitator and other students. It’s a good investment for beginners and experienced CSMs interested in honing their skills and earning the Cisco CMS specialist certifications.
Pricing: $800 Duration: Equivalent to 3 days
Frequently Asked Questions
1.What are the best certifications for customer success managers?
The 5 training programs mentioned in this guide are the best customer success courses you can take to become a certified customer success manager.
2.Are customer success certifications worth it?
Customer Success certifications are worth the investment because they show that you have a thorough understanding of your responsibilities as a CSM. They also boost your resume and give you an edge in the workforce.
3.How long does it take to become a customer success manager?
According to career Karma, it can take 6 to 8 years to become a CSM, because the role often requires a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field which takes 4 years, and an additional 2-3 years of experience in handling customer success.
However, the online courses and training programs mentioned in this guide are short-term, and they can equip you with industry-relevant skills to get you job-ready. After completing a customer success training program, and translating the experience on your resume, you can secure an entry-level customer success job, and move up to a management position in no time.
When looking for a customer success training program, you need to ensure that the content is relevant to the key responsibilities of a CSM. So that by the end of the training, you’ll have demonstrated skills to prove your expertise. To gain more insights about the key roles you’ll perform as a CSM, check Churn360’s customer success blog.